Custom Search

Nov 27, 2008

Day 82: OBEY Giant



The OBEY Giant is a street art icon created by the artist Shepard Fairey. It started out as a street art campaign called "Andre the Giant Has a Posse", based on an image of the wrestler Andre the Giant the artist created in 1986. Over time the artwork has been reused in a number of ways and has become a worldwide movement, and stylistically and semantically evolved into the OBEY Giant.

Download the free PDF file here and make your own OBEY Giant toy!

6 comments:

Baby Gurl said...

Very nice. Thanks for sharing your great work. I would love a Betty Boop and a white poodle.

Anonymous said...

This is pretty nice. I featured this site on my blog, check it out when you get a chance. Like Baby Gurl said it would be cool to get a custom made paper toy myself. Do you take request? If so please make it known. And again, great site and thanks for your work!

http://heressomethingyoudontknow.blogspot.com/2008/12/blogger-spotlite-toy-day.html

SpL® - Sng Poh Liang 孙宝良 said...

Helloo. Very cool blog and your designs are interesting. =) maybe can u do some street fighter characters like chun li?

Unknown said...

Hi Joe, I'm Nicola, from Singapore, and I was researching for interesting art projects for kids (Grades 3 - 4) for a textbook I'm writing, and am interested to feature you - as an artist reference - and hope to be able to include one of your pdf templates as a project the kids can develop and work on, in the creation of their own figures.

Pls do drop me an email at nicolachoo@gmail.com and I'd be glad to give you more info / details.

Thanks so much!

jb said...

An extraordinary blog! Thanks!!

Unknown said...

Love the blog, stumbled across it looking through other '____-a-day' projects. I was inspired by the Skull A Day to start my own called MASK365 (freehandprofit.wordpress.com). Check it out, maybe we could collaborate on a project.

Related Posts with Thumbnails